A Snack Party!!

A Snack Party!! 


 To explore emotions and  feeling around generosity, I had a little experiment.
 At the beginning of our group time, I showed the children a tray full of snacks (apples, seaweeds and cereals). "Will you share something?!" The children were very exited. But when I said "I'm going to eat this snack all by my self", the children's excited faces became sad, upset or disappointed. I asked them to put stickers on a simple chart with faces showing emotions the matched how they felt.



And of course I shared the snack! The children became be excited again. We really enjoyed the little snack party. After that, I asked them to put stickers on another chart. 




Everybody is happy now!----------Augustine
Mai, you made us happy. You are a kind of like the "giving tree"!----------Keira

Children agreed with Keira. And they seemed to realize that the connections between the feelings and the generous acts.  

I want to be a giving tree too.----------Adreinne
I want to make my friend happy.----------Roisin
We can have a party for everybody in Creative Minds!----------Finn

What an amazing idea! So we started to make plans for our party. Then we decided to make treats and arts for our guests. We'll work on that from next group time. Ww cannot wait!!



P.S. During the little snack party in our group time, I had a little Japanese lesson. "Here you go. = DO-ZO" and "Thank you. = ARIGATO". 






  

Comments

  1. Beautiful! So sweet what the children come up with...teacher's are for sure giving trees. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment