What is "community"?

 
September 4-7, 2018

 We are going to explore "community". In this formative assessment week, the Oak group strolled around Creative Minds to see and talk about our community. We walked along Camosun St, took 41st Ave till Dunber St and came back to CM by 38th Ave. Along the way, the children saw many people who work in our community and share their talent with us. They shared their thought and knowledge about what they saw in our community. Also the children had a bunch of questions and statements about our community helpers.


Police car! Police officer drives that. 
Police officers catch bad guys.

My family goes to Save-on-Foods to buy food.
I saw a Save-on-Food truck. What are they carrying? 

Sometime, my dad comes to this gas station to get gas for his car.

The mailmen deliver mails by mail trucks. 
How do the mailmen know where we live?

We can take a bus to go to somewhere far away.
I've never taken a bus!

Each houses have numbers. My house has numbers too.
What are the numbers for?

Coffee shop! My mom got a cup of coffee and I got a cup of hot chocolate here.

I see construction workers digging the ground. 
Are they looking for treasure? 

We will pick some occupations from what the children saw in our community and we will try to find ways to get answers to our questions.








Comments

  1. thank-you for sharing! what an adventure and a great photo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment