Light and dark....

Light and dark....
March 26-29

Last week, the children explored some colours based on RED, BLUE and YELLOW. Then I heard some questions.

"How can we make PINK which is my favourite colour?"
"The sky is blue. But this blue is too dark."
"My favourite colour is KHAKI. That is similar to green, but something different."

This week the children discovered the answers.

I asked the children "What do you think will happen if you mixed red and WHITE?" They were a bit confused.

"I know that red and yellow make orange. But I don't know what red and white make........"
"Maybe light red?"
"I think nothing will happen."

Then children mixed red and white..........

"It's PINK!!"

And they happily mixed white and other colours which they explored last week.

"SKY BLUE!"
"Orange and white made BEIGE!"
"I call this colour BABY PURPLE! Cute!"




The children showed the colours which they made with white to each other or named those.

With BLACK as well, The children guessed first and mixed.

"Will be dark."
"I think black makes all colour black."

"I got DARK RED! Looks like blood. Little scary......."
"KHAKI! My favourite!"
"Dark blue?.....It's NAVY! Cool!"





They are enjoing mixing/making colours. At the same time, they shared some comment about feeling from colours. Let's probe deeply into the feeling around colours next.



Comments