Mask making

February 25- March 8, 2019

Through a journey of "decoration", the children had were asked to decorate the tables, explored our neighbourhood finding decorations, made their dream rooms out of kleenex boxes, and painted their faces as a way to explore the decorations humans use on their bodies.

The children were interested in animals who have signature patterns, colours and body parts. At the beginning, the children thought these are just decorations but in the course of knowing the animals, the children found out what they believed were "decorations" actually have important functions.

Therefore, we picked "animals" as our theme of the summative activity(making masks).



The children did paper-mache to shape their masks.....





painted them.....



decorated them.....


I want to make my tiger mask very colourful so you can find me easily when you want to play with me.-----Declan

Look at this amazing rainbow mane! This s a party lion.-----Saige

Cheetahs have sharp teeth because they eat meat.-----Theo

I painted my butterfly ask my favourite colour pink and purple. Because all my friends know my favourite colour, you can tell that is me when you see me even if I'm flying high.-----Adrienne

Snakes have two nostrils to breathe and long tang to make sound like this hisssssss.-----Quintus

This piggy is very fashionable. She has a pair of glasses, a hair band and even her nose snout is very colourful!-----Simone

My cat mask has big green eyes. These eyes help her to find mice.-----Celia

I want to give my butterfly big shinny wings. With the wings, she can fly very high and far.-----Jia Ran









Comments